Given the huge variety of plugins available for WordPress I thought it would make sense to discuss my top WordPress plugins which I believe you should install right away. A plug-in is, simply put, a small software add-on with a specific functionality which will make building your site much easier and, not unimportant, optimize your money-making opportunities as well (often free of charge). Here are some my key picks:
* Google XML Sitemap – This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. A must have plugin in my view!
* All in one SEO Pack – Optimizes your blog/site for search engines, hence will increase the chances of getting good traffic to your site. Another must have plugin!
* Cbnet Ping Optimizer – This one will prevent your site from becoming marked as a ping spammer by the likes of Google. Every time you edit a post/page and hit the “save” button WordPress will normally send out an unnecessary ping to the search engines. This will plug will prevent that from happening.
* WordPress DB Backup – Makes it easy to make a back-up of your WordPress site. Highly recommended to have in your plugin collection!
* Microkid’s Related Posts – Enables you to manually select related posts to your posts to increase the chance your readers stay on your site and check out some of your other content.
* Kontera ContentLink – This plugin will automate your Kontera links across your blog and will make you money (don’t forget to put in your Kontera Publishing ID in the settings!)
* Amazon Reloaded for WordPress – A great plugin if you are planning to promote Amazon products on your site through their affiliate program. You can browse Amazon products in WordPress and directly create affiliate text links and images for your site.
* Under Construction – A nice and simple plugin that will enable you to show an under construction” sign on your domain when you are still in the process of building your site.
* Sociable – Adds icons at the bottom of your posts through which your readers can share your post through social media like Facebook, Digg, del.icio.us, e-mail, Twitter, RSS, and dozens more.
* Akismet – Deals with spam comments and acts like a filter. Really recommended if you have comment boxes, something you should have to promote interaction with your audience. This Plugin comes automatically with the latest WordPress versions.
* Recent Comments – This plugin enables you to show the most recent comments on your site in the sidebars. In my view a good way to promote interaction with your readers while also showing your blog is alive and kicking!
* SEO Friendly Images – this is another plugin for search engines optimization, automatically updating all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes.
* Blog Copyright – Blog Copyright injects a copyright notice into the blog footer. The copyright notice automatically updates the year range as time goes on removing the need to ever revisit your copyright once the plugin is put in place.
* Subscribe to Comments Reloaded – This is a good plugin that enables people leaving comments to sign up for e-mail notification of subsequent entries. The plugin includes a full-featured subscription manager that your readers can use to unsubscribe to certain posts or suspend all notifications.
* Broken Link Checker – The plugin monitors your blog looking for broken links in posts, pages, comments etc, making sure everything works like it should be so your site works as it supposed to be.
* Popularity Contest – Popularity Contest keeps a count of your post, category and archive views, comments, trackbacks, etc. and uses them to determine which of your posts are most popular. Other Widgets exist to also display the ranking in your sidebar (like Popularity List Widget).
* WP-Email – WP-Email allows people to recommend/send your posts/pages to a friend, colleague, etc. Great plugin to let other people promote your site and its content.
* WordPress Firewall 2 – Keeps those hackers out of your WordPress blog/site so make sure this one is installed before you have to regret it.
To add any of these plug-ins, just go into WordPress, go to the Plugins section and press “add”, look for the plugin and simply install!
These top WordPress plugins will optimize your site and make it easier for you to make some money with it as well. Let me know what you think, if I missed any good plugins in your opinion or if you disagree with my choice of top plugins.
4 Trustworthy Methods to Increase Your WordPress Blog Reach
Everyone knows the importance of using WordPress as the CMS for developing a great website. It is an amazing platform to create websites on a small level as well as on a large enterprise scale. This is because WordPress is so easy to learn as a beginner and scalable too to meet the needs of any large-scale business website.
A successful blog demands posting amazing content on daily basis to make Search Engines happy. This may seem to be as easy as ABC but when we think on the ground levels, we see the reality! First of all, you can easily hire a WordPress developer to set up your WordPress website and second thing is you can also gain more traffic to your website by the tips that we will be discussing in this write-up.
Blogging is a field which demands too much time because it takes time to think of an idea, write on it, polish the content and then publish it! Then starts the act of sharing it and almost begging on social media platforms to get more views and shares. It can become very annoying at times especially when you are working so hard to create the content.
The tips we are going to discuss here will help you get easily found by more people and it shows that smart work is the key rather than just hard work which can actually drive you mad at most of the times.
1. Change Heading Styles with a Tap of a key!
Saving time is one of the most important things you can do when you are a blogger and creating content has already taken your days to polish the final piece.
Use Ctrl+2 (if you are a Windows or a Linux user) and CMD+2 (if you are a Mac User). This is used when you want to change the H2 tag and then this function can be performed by putting the cursor on the line.
2. Save time by automatically linking to your existing content/ posts:
WordPress offers an easy way to link to an existing content. Sadly, the option to link to your existing content or posts are easily ignored by most of the bloggers when they are publishing their posts in the WordPress blog.
In the Click/ Insert Link in the content editor, a pop up box appears and a list of already existing content to help you choose what you want to link in your present post.
3. Easily Paste Rich text- No need to format!
Div Codes and formatting from another website or blog content can be conflicting with your blog’s format so the best thing to paste the text in your WordPress blog would be to click on the plain-text clipboard icon in the Menu Bar!
4. Appropriate Image Size should be used:
A WordPress blog without images may seem to be dull and boring. So, to enhance the quality of the blog, you can place the well-designed exclusive images to your posts. It can seem very tempting but you have to use images with appropriate size otherwise there will be bad impression on your WordPress blog. If you want help of WordPress developer, go ahead!
In the same way, you can use Image compression tools to take advantage of the SEO benefits and drive more traffic easily to your blog.