Are you a WordPress developer or a Web Designer who uses WordPress to develop websites for your clients?
Have you ever wished that it was easier to customize the menus and logos in WordPress and to decide which menus the users have access to?
With White Label Branding for WordPress you can do exactly this. Take full control over the branding in wp-admin and decide who has access to what features.
With the latest version of White Label Branding you have the ultimate tool for customizing WordPress admin and your login screen.
We have added a powerful Role and Capability Manger, which will allow you to create new user Roles and assign Capabilities.
You can add new capabilities for specific user Roles and you can even create a “fake” Administrator account. This can be used if you want to give your clients “admin” access, but still limit what they have access to.
The real administrator will also be hidden from the users list. This way a client with the “fake” administrator account, will never know that they don’t have full access to all features.
You can also use the new WLB Administrator feature, which we recently added. This will allow you to hide elements for other Administrators. Simply add the username of the Administrators that should be able to view all elements of wp-admin.
We have also added advanced color management of the entire wp-admin and you can create your own advanced login templates. When you enter a valid License Key for your copy of White Label Branding for WordPress you will get access to our Free Downloadable Content, which allows you to download our popular Visual CSS Editor.
Please notice that if you are using WordPress Multisite you need our special version for WordPress Multisite.
List of features
- Create an unlimited number of Custom Dashboard Metaboxes with the Dashboard Tool. If you have our Pages by User Role plugin you can add Access Control to each Metabox. This makes it possible to completely customize who will see each Metabox (Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor or Subscriber).
- Enable Branding
- Add your own Favicon
- Add you own Header Logo (Depreciated in WordPress 3.3)
- Set custom height of header area (Depreciated in WordPress 3.3)
- Add Developer Logo (Footer)
- Add Developer Name
- Add Developer URL
- Remove “WordPress” from title
- Hide update nag message
- Hide update download link
- Hide Contextual Help
- Hide Screen Options
- Hide Favorite Actions
- Set custom From Email Address
- Set custom Email From Name
- Add Public Dashboard Metabox viewable by all users; Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor and Administrator
- Add Private Dashboard Metabox only viewable by Editors
- Add Private Dashboard Metabox only viewable by Administrators
- Use HTML and Shortcodes in the Custom Dashboard Boxes
- Remove WordPress Dashboard Widgets on-by-one
- Remove Custom Dashboard Widgets added by other plugins
- Hide Top-level Menus (Dynamic generated list that shows all the menus depending on which plugins you have installed).
- Hide Sub-level Menus (Dynamic generated list that shows all the menus depending on which plugins you have installed).
- Sort (Re-order) the Top-level Menus by easy drag and drop interface.
- Hide individual items in the Admin Bar (can also be based on User Roles and Capabilities)
- Hide the Admin Bar
- Hide the Admin Bar Setting from profile
- Rename menu in wp-admin
- Change menu icons in wp-admin (type face retina support)
- Set Default Screen Layout for all users
- Set Default Screen Layout per user
- Remove Individual Screen Options
This is not in the WLB Settings menu, but in the top right side of your wp-admin.
Visual CSS Editor
White Label Branding for WordPress uses our popular Visual CSS Editor. It will allow you to customize the wp-admin colors, styles and fonts. Choose from more than 800 Google Web Fonts.
You can also easily customize the default WordPress login, Regsiter and Forgot Password screens.
- Advanced Settings
- Enable Role and Capability Manager
- Hide Administrator User Role form the users list
- Enable Custom Dashboard Tool
- Settings, Import and Export (easily backup global settings and import global settings)
License & Downloads
- Get access to our premium support, knowledge database and Free Downloadable Content when you enter a valid License Key.
Role & Capability Manager
We do not recommend you to change the Capabilities of the Administrator user role. Doing so can cause you to loose access to features on your website. If you accidentally do we have a script that can restore the Capabilities for the Administrator user role.
- Create Custom User Roles
- Create Custom Capabilities
- Set Capabilities for all standard User Roles
- Set Capabilities for your Custom User Roles
- Disable wp-admin for individual User Roles
- English support
- Spanish support
- German support
Version 18.104.22.168287 – December 21, 2020
- Bug Fixed: Some sites crash on activation (trailing comma in function call only available from PHP 7.3). We added backward compatibility.
- Update: Removed old query
Versions 22.214.171.124649 – August 17, 2020
- Bug Fixed: Screen Options crashing on some sites when saving
- New Feature: Hide the WooCommerce advanced tab and sections when the user is not a WLB Administrator. WLB Administrators continue to have access to the advanced WooCommerce tab always.
Version 126.96.36.199219 – May 22, 2020
- Update: Lower the custom_menu_order filter priority, some unknown third-party plugin disables the menu sorting control
- Update: Option to hide update plugin should not apply to network admin.
- Bug Fixed: In some sites saving Screen Options is not working.
- New Feature: Replace Gutenberg WP logo with custom logo
Version 188.8.131.52646 – May 18, 2019
- Update: Rollback, previous fix in Options Panel causes more issues with other settings
- Bug Fixed: When saving any settings, the license gets reset (this only apply to White Label Branding for WordPress Multisite) and add-ons get deactivated.
- Update: Options Panel updated to version 2.9
- Update: RightHere API updated to https
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning save_option not defined
Version 184.108.40.206688 – October 5, 2018
- Compatibility Fix: PHP 7.2.1
- Update: Remove old legacy code for supporting WordPress 3.x
Version 220.127.116.11266 – April 24, 2018
- Compatibility Fix: Not possible to hide top-level menu WPBakery Page Builder
- Update: Options Panel version 2.8.9
Version 18.104.22.168030 – March 7, 2018
- Bug Fixed: Missing icons for Admin Menu Settings
Version 22.214.171.124576 – September 26, 2017
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning displayed when an invalid username is set as WLB Administrator (when PHP warnings are active)
- Bug Fixed: Some PHP warnings showing on PHP 7 console, about “Creating default object from empty value” in class.wlb_dashboard.php
- Update: Added Spanish translation .po and .mo files
Version 126.96.36.199505 – January 30, 2017
- Bug Fixed: WooCommerce menu icons not changing when replaced
- Update: Adjusted CSS in WLB Settings > Navigation > Admin Menu Settings
Version 188.8.131.52151 – January 15, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Old login sub-menu still visible after removing depreciated Login Branding
Version 184.108.40.206841 – December 29, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Replace “Howdy, username” option stopped working after the release of WordPress 4.7
- Update: Move the “Enable notifications on non options pages” from Options > Troubleshooting to Options > Advanced Settings
- Update: Remove old Login Branding from Options > Advanced Settings. Over a year ago we announced that this feature would be depreciated and removed. It has been replaced with the much better Visual CSS Editor
- Update: wlb_options capability required in order to see the White Label Branding dashboard notification
Version 220.127.116.11687 – December 13, 2016
- Update: When using the Panic Key, also remove the wlb_administrator option, so that regular Administrators with the appropriate User Role and Capabilities can see hidden WLB menus
Version 18.104.22.168349 – November 24, 2016
- Update: Make the old login branding OFF by default (in August 2015 we introduced the new Visual CSS Editor and announced that the old login branding module would be removed by the end of 2016)
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning in branding menu
- New Feature: Added a self-rescue link that makes it possible to restore the Administrator capabilities to the default settings in case the capabilities were modified and the user is locked out of wp-admin.
Version 22.214.171.124836 – June 6, 2016
- New Feature: Added Troubleshooting option to disable White Label Branding update notifications
Version 126.96.36.199407 – May 26, 2016
- New Feature: Allow to set multiple users in the WLB Administrator field
- New Feature: Added filter wlb_skip_login to allow customization of the default WordPress login with the Visual CSS Editor without having to disable the old Login module
- Update: Added depreciated message to the old Login module
Version 188.8.131.52961 – May 10, 2016
- Bug Fixed: PHP Warning when hiding Plugins and Themes menu in wp-admin
- Bug Fixed: Disable Plugin and Theme notification are forcing an update every time. Implement a better notification disable that does not trigger a remote call every time
- Bug Fixed: When the WLB Administrator is set, the update notifications should show for this user
- Update: When WLB Administrator is set, Plugins and Appearance is only visible to this user if the Hide Plugins and Appearance options are set
Version 184.108.40.206894 – May 9, 2016
- New Feature: Added option to disable the Downloads section from in Calendarize it! for WordPress. Requires the latest version of both plugins that use the Options Panel
- New Feature: Added feature to hide update plugins and update themes
- New Feature: Added feature to hide plugins and appearance menu. This will only hide the menus, the screens are still accessible
- New Feature: Added feature to specify a White Label Branding Administrator (single user). Fallback to user role if the user loses Administrator rights. This feature is especially useful if the plugin is used on a customers website, and the customer insists to be an Administrator, but you don?t want the customer to have access to certain features
- New Feature: The White Label Branding (WLB) Administrator feature is only visible to the WLB Administrator
Version 220.127.116.11776 – May 2, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: Change classes where the constructor has the same name as the class to __construct (PHP 7 compatibility).
- Bug Fixed: Function Reference get_currentuserinfo has been depreciated and replaced with wp_get_current_user()
Version 18.104.22.168268 – January 6, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Installation of bundled login templates is not working
- Update: Updated the reported pop version
- Update: Changed visibility of update notification to only Administrators
Version 22.214.171.124075 – November 17, 2015
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning when using the move logout to root option
- Bug Fixed: Branding > Dashboard > Hide Dashboard Widgets, some widgets have empty labels
- Bug Fixed: Removed debugging code that generates a PHP warning in the navigation backend
Version 126.96.36.199709 – September 29, 2015
- Update: Options Panel updated to support add-on payments using Bitcoin and Alipay through Stripe.com
Version 188.8.131.52333 – September 16, 2015
- Compatibility Fix: Custom Admin Bar menu not showing in the backend to hide/show (WordPress 4.3.x)
- Bug Fixed: Some custom menus were always checked hidden in the navigation options
- Bug Fixed: Some plugin icons show smaller in the menu when customized with WLB
Version 184.108.40.206872 – August 20, 2015
- New Feature: Custom CSS field in the branding section
- Update: Depreciated the old Color Schemer. For styling download the free Visual CSS Editor. This was first announced when we introduced the Visual CSS Editor in version 4.0.
- Compatibility Fix: Avoid third-party plugin causing PHP warning
Version 220.127.116.11418 – April 24, 2015
- Improvement: Replaced add_query_arg() due to an XSS vulnerability issue that affects many WordPress plugins and themes. Please observe that before the function could be accessed the user had to be an Administrator, meaning that the potential issue was not available to the public.
Version 18.104.22.168483 – March 27, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Faulty third-party code can cause an infinite loop in the Toolbar options
Version 22.214.171.124175 – March 12, 2015
- Update: Move the Roles and Capabilities tab to the first position
- Bug Fixed: Prevent crashing when the NextGen gallery plugin is activated
- Bug Fixed: Prevent Bootstrap from breaking White Label Branding icons
- Compatibility Fix: Not possible to hide the Appearance > Customize Sub Menu
Version 126.96.36.199008 – February 10, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Missing a menu hover selector
- Bug Fixed: Removed PHP warning
- Compatibility Fix: When using WLB and Tribe Events Calendar, the Google Map is not showing on the Event Page. The Events Calendar plugin sending an integer value when a string is expected.
- Update: Added WLB icon to the menu
- New Feature: Added support for Downloadable Content
- New Feature: Added support for disabling the original color scheme module
- New Feature: Added support for disabling the original login branding
- New Feature: Added option in Troubleshooting tab to restore (Super) Admin capabilities to User Role
- New Feature: Visual CSS Editor for White Label Branding wp-admin (downloadable content). We will be depreciating the old Color Schemer in 6 months.
- New Feature: Comments by User Role for White Label Branding (downloadable content)
- New Feature: Author Posts by User Role for White Label Branding (downloadable content)
- New Feature: Custom Menus for White Label Branding (downloadable content)
- New Feature: Hide Plugins in Plugins List for White Label Branding (Downloadable Content)
- New Feature: Hide Widgets in WP Admin for White Label Branding (Downloadable Content)
Version 188.8.131.52694 – November 8, 2014
- New Feature: Option to hide Toolbar from Super Admin
- Bug Fixed: Random disappearing menus
- Bug Fixed: Service unavailable(2) message on some sites when trying to update the plugin. ovh hosted sites should work now.
- Update: Increase the reported Options Panel version to 2.7.2
- Update: Updated jQuery version
- Update: Use the bundled jQuery on wp-login
Version 3.3.0 rev51961 – July 4, 2014
- Bug Fixed: PHP fatal error when using WordPress 3.8.
Version 3.2.9 rev51524 – June 25, 2014
- Bug Fixed: When a Custom User Role is too similar to the Administrator Role, the list of what that Custom Role was empty in the user’s list screen.
- Bug Fixed: Prevent a PHP warning when admin menu order has not been set ever.
- Bug Fixed: Alignment of hover action in the menu for changing icons for the wp-admin menu.
- Compatibility Fix: Added WordPress 3.9 color scheme styles and back compatibility with WordPress 3.8.
Version 3.2.8 rev49615 – May 15, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Blocking wp-admin for specific user roles also blocked Ajax
Version 3.2.7 rev48667 – April 7, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Some Toolbar (admin bar) items from the frontend are not shown in the Options > Navigation menu.
Version 3.2.6 rev46923 – February 3, 2014
- Compatibility Update: Added compatibility workaround in order to better support ManageWP.com service.
Version 3.2.5 rev43116 – December 12, 2013
- New Feature: Change label on the menu in wp-admin (WLB Settings > Navigation – Sort Admin Menu)
- New Feature: Support for Custom Icons (typeface) in wp-admin menu
Version 3.2.4 rev43091 – December 11, 2013
- Compatibility Fix: WordPress 3.8 top header logo broken
- Compatibility Fix: WordPress 3.8 custom icons feature broken
Version 3.2.3 rev40353 – September 23, 2013
- Bug Fixed: In the user list, fix the total number of users, so that it does not count the Administrators.
Version 3.2.2 rev37652 – June 24, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Download section not working on some websites
Version 3.2.1 rev37239 – June 10, 2013
- Compatibility Fix: Prevent PHP warning when using Gravity Forms
- Bug Fixed: Downloads section crashing
- Update: Updated Options Panel to the latest version
Version 3.2 rev37021 – June 5, 2013
- Update: Options Panel updated to the latest version
- Update: Compatibility fix, WLB error message showing on Shortcode icon dialog
- Bug Fixed: Prevent a PHP warning when saving navigation options
- Bug Fixed: When unchecking all dashboard items and saving, the unchecked items just became checked again
- New Feature: Allow branding of the title in the link, when the header logo is replaced
Version 3.1.1 rev36145 – April 23, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Prevent PHP warning when using checkbox and load_option=false
- Update: Hook loading text domain after theme setup
- Update: As per WordPress recommendation use load text domain in the plugins_loaded hook
- Update: Add missing text to localization files
- Update: Added missing text in Spanish
Version 3.1.0 rev35663 – April 2, 2013
- New Feature: Added support for the custom link for header logo (replace W)
Version 3.0.9 rev35659 – April 2, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Login button styling didn’t work on WordPress 3.5.1
Version 3.0.8 rev35175 – March 21, 2013
- New Feature: Update Options Panel with Auto Update
- New Feature: WordPress 3.5.1 menu hover text color
Version 3.0.7 rev31694 – January 4, 2013
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 3.5. Implement color scheme to new primary and secondary button wp-admin selectors
- New Feature: Hide the WordPress version from the footer
- New Feature: Option to disable Email branding
- Bug Fixed: Pushed screen options saving to the admin_init hook, as on some setups the roles were not defined before plugins_loaded
- Bug Fixed: Do not replace email from is the header is set (resolved conflict with Contact Form 7)
- Bug Fixed: Menu font showing orange when menu have sub-menu on hover
- Bug Fixed: Logo in footer disappeared in WordPress 3.5
- Bug Fixed: White background when hovering out of an item
- Bug Fixed: Submenu background color not getting applied
Version 3.0.6 rev28864 – August 17, 2012
- New Feature: Allow to change the dashboard icon URL
- Bug Fixed: Remove PHP warnings
- Bug Fixed: jQuery script is not registered on the login screen, so it is loading from WLB folder
- Bug Fixed: Added space to a very long line so that it doesn’t give a false positive on certain security scanners.
- New Feature: Sample Theme integration file (pushed plugins_loaded to after_theme_setup plugin initialization)
Version 3.0.5 rev26174 – June 16, 2012
- Depreciate: Remove header height option, use the header logo to replace the WP logo on the Toolbar (Admin bar).
- New Feature: Added control for setting the width of the logo in the Tool Bar.
- New Feature: Replace the logo in the frontend Tool Bar.
- Bug Fixed: Compatibility issues with WordPress 3.4 Tool Bar settings.
- Update: Add back compatibility with WordPress 3.3
- Update: Use the WordPress jQuery
Version 3.0.4 rev23458 – April 26, 2012
- New Feature: Added support for using site_title in Email From Name under Branding
- New Feature: Added support for using site_url to dynamically load the current site URL in the Email From Name.
- Bug Fixed: Prevent a PHP warning in certain WordPress installations
- Bug Fixed: Sub Menu items with ampersands (&) where not saved
- Bug Fixed: Gap between custom logo and login form.
- Bug Fixed: Compatibility fix, make the left-footer replacement selector more specific, as there is a theme using the same ID in a widget #footer-left
- Improvement: Admin, Editor and Public dashboard support Shortcodes in content
Version 3.0.3 rev23096 – March 21, 2012
- Bug Fixed: Pages by User Role (PUR) fix after WP 3.1 PUR was not restricting Custom Dashboards correctly.
- Bug Fixed: Login form label not getting WLB setting
- Bug Fixed: Compatibility issue with some other plugins that was hiding the WLB Advanced Settings tab.
- Bug Fixed: Main menu is showing orange on click (focus), applied the same color as hover
Version 3.0.2 rev14700 – December 20, 2011
- Bug Fixed: Admin Bar checkboxes are reset when saving a different panel
- Bug Fixed: Custom Post Type column not showing in WordPress 3.3
- New Feature: Added option to move the logout link to the Admin Bar. By default, this is inside the profile submenu.
Version 3.0.1 rev14037 – December 17, 2011
- Bug Fixed: Allow non-WLB administrator to edit hide dashboard widgets
- Bug Fixed: Hide dashboard widgets are not set when saving another panel
- Bug Fixed: Hide Profile on Admin Bar when hiding sub-menu
- Bug Fixed: Admin Bar broken when opening the navigation tab
- New Feature: Added option to hide the Welcome Dashboard Panel
- New Feature: Added option to disable the automatic color scheme generation
- New Feature: Enable Admin Bar customization for WordPress 3.3
- New Feature: Added option to disable WordPress 3.3 pointers
- New Feature: Added option to replace “Howdy” username
Version 3.0.0 rev12331 – November 27, 2011
- New Feature: Save, Export and Import settings for wp-admin color branding
- New Feature: Save, Export and Import settings for login template branding
- New Feature: Save, Export and Import global settings for White Label Branding
- New Feature: Added optional Downloadable Content when the License key is entered
- New Feature: Add Favicon
- New Feature: Set WordPress from name and email address
- New Feature: Hide dashboard panels created by other plugins
- New Feature: Change order of wp-admin menu
- New Feature: Login Screen CSS Settings (logo, opacity and background)
- New Feature: Optional Drag and Drop file upload for Login Screen, Login Form and Favicon
- New Feature: Customize Login Form
- New Feature: Login form support for iPad, iPhone and Smartphones (small template trigger)
- New Feature: Custom Icons (optional)
- New Feature: Added advanced wp-admin color branding
- New Feature: Disable wp-admin for specific User Role
- New Feature: Disable specific Screen Options (Editor or lower user role)
- New Feature: Save Default Screen Options layout (global)
- New Feature: Save Default Screen Options layout (per user)
- New Feature: Merged all White Label Branding related menus under WLB Settings
- Update: New Options Panel version 2.0
Version 2.0.9 rev4627 – June 14, 2011
- Bug Fixed: login background was cropped at the bottom when using custom login form.
Version 2.0.8 rev4581 – May 14, 2011
- New Feature: Added automatic update notification
- New Feature: Added theme integration files
- New Feature: Updated the German translation files
Version 2.0.7 rev4032 – April 28, 2011
- Bug Fixed: Scrollbars not showing on iPad and iPhone on wp-login.php
- Update: custom login template
Version 2.0.6 rev3771 – April 20, 2011
- Bug Fixed: unbind click event to prevent tabs from closing immediately after opening on some sites
- Bug Fixed: alternative login template manipulation to prevent conflict with some themes using old Mootools libraries
Version 2.0.5 rev3145 – March 24, 2011
- Update: Added the capabilities in parenthesis needed to show specific sub-menu
Version 2.0.4 rev2512 – March 23, 2011
- Bug Fixed: removed the style that the hidden Admin bar outputs (28 pixels in the top)
Version 2.0.3 rev2348 – March 18, 2011
- New Feature: remove word “WordPress” from the header title on admin pages
- Bug Fixed: avoid displaying the scrollbar on the admin when adding a developer image url
- Bug Fixed: hide admin users option, narrowed the selector for admin users to avoid a conflict with other plugins and themes that add user lists
- Bug Fixed: do not show the Role Manager option when editing a user if it is not the real administrator
Version 2.0.2 rev2072 – March 8, 2011
- Bug Fixed: the feature that hides the real Administrator from the User List
Version 2.0.1 rev1847 – March 2, 2011
- New Feature: Added support for hiding the new Admin Bar in WordPress 3.1
- New Feature: Added support for hiding items in the new Admin Bar
- New Feature: Added support for hiding Admin bar settings in My Profile
- New Feature: Added support for login_logo_url in Login page templates
Version 2.0 – February 11, 2011
- New Feature: Added ability to hide standard WordPress Dashboard Panels one by one
- New Feature: Added user Role Manager
- New Feature: Added Capability Manager
- New Feature: Added option to hide Administrator user role from users list.
- New Feature: Added WLB Custom Dashboard Panel tool
Version 1.5.0 – December 16, 2010
- New Feature: Added option to hide Favorite Actions
- New Feature: Added option to hide Screen Options
- New Feature: Added login screen background settings
- New Feature: Added login screen HTML and CSS customization
- New Feature: Added custom dashboard panel viewable only to Editor (old custom dashboard panel will be viewable to all user roles)
- New Feature: Added support for the German language
- New Feature: Added support for the Portuguese language
Version 1.2.2 – November 8, 2010
- Bug Fixed: login logo replacement from the previous version
Version 1.2.1 – November 2, 2010
- Bug Fixed: minor conflict with MiniMeta Widget Plugin
Version 1.2.0 – September 22, 2010
- New Feature: Hide Nag update message
- New Feature: Hide Nag download message
- New Feature: Hide Contextual Help
- New Feature: Sub-menu customization
Version 1.1.0 – September 20, 2010
- Update: Updated the interface Language localization; English and Spanish
Version 1.0 – September 16, 2010
- First release