Adds the ability to use categories in the WordPress Media Library and filter on categories when inserting media. When activated a dropdown of categories will show up in the media library. You can change the category of multiple items at once with bulk actions.
- add / edit / remove categories from media items
- change the category of multiple items at once with bulk actions
- filter on categories in the media library
- filter on categories when adding media to a post or page
- filter on categories when creating galleries in the media library
- taxonomy filter
- support for WordPress 3.1 – 5.6
- WordPress 5.0 Gutenberg compatible
Filter by category in the media library
use bulk actions to add and remove categories to multiple items at once
Manage categories in the media library
Filter by category when inserting media
Use Envato Market WordPress plugin to get automatic updates, with a single click, directly from WordPress. Upon a new release, get notified directly from your WordPress Dashboard. Update the plugin from the Dashboard Plugins with the automated WordPress functions. Always use the latest version for the best compatibility!
- Fix ‘Not in a category’ option when filtering default categories.
- Fix ‘jQuery.fn.load() is deprecated’ warning.
- Remember selected category in dropdown when filtering default categories.
- Add filter option “not in a category”.
- Remember selected category in dropdown when filtered.
- Fix text in delete button on bulk select page.
- Add autocomplete search to the category dropdown in the Media Library (which can be turned on under Settings → Media)
- Add usability fix to highlight media library settings section when directly linked
- Fix taxonomy checkbox on media modal (when using custom taxonomy)
- Fix some translation strings
- Add interface (located under Settings → Media) to separate the media categories from the default WordPress categories
- Add WordPress 5.3 compatibility.
- Improve upgrade progress for servers that use extreme caching.
- Re-enable assigning categories to images inside media popup.
- Add Elementor Page Builder plugin support.
- Add support for multiple slugs and id’s in gallery shortcode.
- WordPress 5.0 Gutenberg compatibility
- Rewrite entire plugin to improve quality and make it ready for future development.
- Notice for first time users how to separate media categories.
- Support for SCRIPT_DEBUG.
- Only load CSS when needed.
- Move language files to GlotPress.
- Remember pagenumber when using bulk actions.
- Only use wp_safe_redirect instead of wp_redirect.
- Better detection if category is empty in gallery shortcode.
- Use id attribute in gallery shortcode and show attachments in selected category and uploaded to post ID.